Thursday, September 13, 2007

Lentil Salad

1 cup dried lentils
1 medium-size carrot, finely diced
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil

Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add lentils, and reduce heat to medium low. Cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until lentils are just tender. Drain well. Spread lentils on large baking sheet to cool.

Toss lentils, carrots, green onions, celery, bell pepper, and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.

(taken from the October 2006 issue of Vegetarian Times--I modified it a bit)

1 comment:

The Little Mama said...

My goodness you're busy! Everything sounds yummy! I'll try to get that muffin recipe to you soon. Maybe I'll just post it on my blog....or maybe I'll do both! :)
Talk to you soon.
Julie